Our Carbon Footprint
City Recital Hall has engaged in the following reduction strategies:
- The use of triphosphor fluorescent globes which do not contain mercury and are 100% recyclable. City Recital Hall has also arranged a recycling program with our suppliers to return used globes.
- The air-conditioning system has been programmed using the building monitoring system to run only when rooms are in use, rather than cooling rooms that are empty.
- Our venue closing protocol ensures only security lights are left on after business hours.
- Sensor lights have been installed in the toilets to reduce electricity usage levels.
- Recycled photocopy paper is used.
- Double-sided printing and copying is used to reduce overall volume of paper.
- Recycling includes collection of paper and cardboard, cooking oil, glass, used toner, used batteries, used corks and ink cartridges.
- Dual flushing systems are installed in all toilets.
- We use a hybrid car (Prius).