Omega Ensemble receive outstanding reviews for Mozart's Piano & Winds
“Sydney’s crack chamber group Omega Ensemble’s reputation has been growing steadily since it was formed by clarinetist David Rowden 10 years ago.
And with its second season as resident ensemble for the City Recital Hall the musicians, drawn from top orchestras in Australia and New Zealand, are growing in size and ambition with a performance in July of Mahler’s fourth symphony, scaled down to 14 performers and special guest soprano Jane Sheldon.
However Rowden chose smaller but no less formidable forces for Omega’s Angel Place debut for the year. Pianist Kathryn Selby joined five wind players in the first half for a rarity before the showpiece of the night, Mozart’s exquisite Quintet in E flat major for piano and winds.” - The Daily Telegraph
“The programme's the thing in an evening of windy delights.
Last night’s launch of Omega Ensemble’s 10th year of concertising in Sydney was a perfect chance to reflect on what has made them one of the more individual musical offerings in the city’s cultural calendar. With a tantalising mix of offbeat Hindemith, a dollop of whacky Ligeti, some Mozart to headline plus a rare bit of Louise Farrenc, the group proved once again that the programme’s the thing if you really want to engage and expand minds, and of course entertain a crowd.” - Limelight
- Omega Ensemble receive outstanding reviews for Mozart's Piano & Winds
- City Recital Hall is currently experiencing problems processing Credit Card transactions
- Next IQ2 Debate in 10 days!
- Large Print version of April-June Calendar of Events is out!
- Our April-June Calendar of Events is out!
- We are looking for a Marketing Assistant!
- A Little Lunch Music now has reserved seating
- New pianos at City Recital Hall
- Hear Beethoven performed on 200-year-old instruments
- Join the debate
- What does your August diary look like?
- Three of the world's finest guitarists collaborate for a special concert
- Meet the next generation of baroque violinists ...
- Bacharach and Costello's magnificent album brought to life
- Next IQ2 debate: Are we enslaved by our technology?