New pianos at City Recital Hall
City Recital Hall is pleased to announce that with support from the City of Sydney, the hall has now acquired a new Steinway Model D-274, a Steinway AS-188 and a Boston UP126 upright piano.
These beautiful pianos are handmade by Steinway and Sons who have been creating exceptional pianos for 160 years. Each Steinway grand piano consists of more than 12,000 specific parts assembled by 300 people and takes a year to build.
Theme & Variations’ Ara Vartoukian visited the Steinway factory in Germany to select the pianos- visit our Facebook page to check out the album from his time at this iconic workshop!
- New pianos at City Recital Hall
- Hear Beethoven performed on 200-year-old instruments
- Become a member of the City Recital Hall!
- Join the debate
- What does your August diary look like?
- Three of the world's finest guitarists collaborate for a special concert
- Meet the next generation of baroque violinists ...
- Bacharach and Costello's magnificent album brought to life
- Next IQ2 debate: Are we enslaved by our technology?
- Become a VIP member of the City Recital Hall!
- Pinchgut Opera's latest production receiving rave reviews
- Star songstress and composer of 'The Rose' in Sydney
- Acclaimed flautist Jane Rutter on her inspiration behind 'La Revolution'
- Website Maintenance
- Special Event for Charles Lloyd and Maria Farantouri